Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 9, 2011

What's Up With The Bathroom At Pencils?

It seems, in my mind, that an inordinate amount of people come into Pencils and ask where the bathroom is. Why this is I'm not sure, as the facilities are one step up from the Calcutta Central Train Station. The only explanation I can come up with is the comfort of the institutional/prison-like decor. Both Home Depot and Lowes are right around the corner, and I can personally attest to the nice tile work and high pressure toilets that they offer. A better bet for my money is Starbucks, just a few blocks away where the restrooms are at least cleaned daily. I guess this question needs to go to "corporate", where I'm sure their bathrooms are in similar condition as ours. (see photo)

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean... I made the mistake of not looking for the toilet paper when I had to shit really bad. Instead of being in the holder, the roll was in a puddle on the floor. So here's me wiping my hole with pissy paper. Let's hope that I don't get VD! Thanks, Pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like the craptastic Greenbrook Pencils The Stupid Store I work at...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They never schedule enough hours for the janitor (porter) at pencils. In my store we have two and one of them works at another pencils also. The customers still complain that the bathrooms are dirty. One of the porters we have is mentally ill and doesn't do a good job cleaning. He doesn't clean anything and only dusts and empties the garbage.(His mother came in the store and told the managers that she doesn't want her son cleaning the bathrooms anymore because it makes him sick.) Gee, I wonder why - the guy doesn't wear gloves when he cleans and then wants to touch and hug everyone in the store, and have hour long conversations with them. The work often gets left to the other porter who cleans very well, but works also at another pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honest to god believe that is IDENTICAL to our restroom.

    ReplyDelete