Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 19, 2011

Misery Loves Company: The First Annual iWorkAtPencils Reader Contest

I've been overwhelmed by the amount of visitors to this blog over the past few weeks and want to show my appreciation by holding a reader contest. Send me your best "On The Job" story.
The winner will be announced and their story published in this blog on September 5, 2011. The winning author will receive a $25 gift certificate to Applebee's (my manager Matt's favorite restaurant), no strings attached. The rules are simple: Keep your story concise. Less is more. The more bizarre, the better, but please be truthful. Life is stranger than fiction. You can be an employee of any retailer, not just Pencils. E-mail your submission to: iworkatpencils@gmail.com (put the word "contest" in subject line). The deadline is September 3, 2011. Myself, along with Stephen King, will judge the entries.


2 comments:

  1. +1 sir. I wish I could publicly like this but you know Pencils that would be a big no no. Oh by the way I know who posted the picture of the XOOM launch materials that caused Pencils to release the poster in the break room about the Violation Report hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What website was it released on?

    ReplyDelete