Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Worth The Wait

I was scheduled to work the evening shift last night, but Charlie, the new assistant manager, called me earlier in the day and said I didn't need to come in.
I wanted to pickup my so-called paycheck, so I stopped by Pencils at 7PM and it looked like a Category 5 Shit-Storm had hit the place. All 3 checkout lines were backed up, at least 10 customers in each line. Scores of screaming brats and their Jerry Springer guest mothers were ripping the place apart, scrounging for the "Buy One, Get One Free" package of erasers.
It was then I spotted Matt, my tech manager, with his shirt soaked with perspiration and sweat dripping down his face, and offered to come in and help out for a few hours. "No, we got it covered," he answered.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a normal day @pencils...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What "Pencils" Store do you work in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe if you could get those assholes to give you more hours, you could pay some of your damn kids expenses! i am tired of supporting your brat and still can not figure out what my wife saw in you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. by the way, the kid has your discount card and will by tonight to get his school supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pencils associates don't have a discount card other than rewards, and most stores (i.e. the ones in my town/area) don't let family use it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pencils' associates have a rewards cards that entitles them to a 10% discount on all purchases- and family members can use it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete