Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 13, 2011

Dragging The Ship Down

Yesterday I stopped by Pencils to buy envelopes and shipping tape, when the new assistant manager asked me to step into the office. Sitting at the desk was Matt, my tech boss. He had an ominous look on his face, then proceeded to say, "Mitch, you're like an anchor here." I didn't know what the hell he was referring to or what he meant until he continued. "Mitch, you have over 25 training videos you need to watch, then take a test on."
Obviously "management" was on his back to get me up to speed and if they wanted to pay me to sit around and watch tutorials on how to stack toner cartridges on the shelf, what did I care. The problem was I already watched a half-dozen videos and failed the tests. Out of frustration Donna, the old assistant manager, gave me a sheet with the answers. I told Matt taking tests was an issue due to my Aspergers and he'd need to help me with the tests. He then said, "Just start with the easy ones. Some tutorials have just one yes or no question or just a box to check to confirm you watched it." He then inquired if I had some free time to do this in the next few days. I replied, "Not really," and split.

No comments:

Post a Comment