Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 5, 2011

New Assistant Manager: Lock and Load

Donna, my favorite manager who has worked at Pencils for 10 years, was transferred to another store last week. Yesterday, her replacement showed up. Charlie previously worked for a national sports retailer and I jokingly asked him if he had a concealed weapons permit. He immediately opened his wallet and showed it to me. I didn't ask him if he was "carrying", but it might of come in handy earlier in the day when a guy "boosted" a Motorola Xoom from the display booth. The brazen thief cut the wire security cable, stuffed the tablet down his pants, and tore out of the store. My feeling is if someone wants something that bad, let him have it. As I told Charlie, "Don't expect me to take a bullet for Pencils..."

No comments:

Post a Comment